Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Crossing the Moa River by one-car ferry...

We thought that it would be fun to show you how we drove to Monrovia and back. We took a short cut to the Moa River which is closer to the Liberian border.  The little ferry just opened up again for the dry season but the Moa River was still pretty swollen.  The road was worse (we thought) than the Kenema Road which we usually take.  We left Monrovia at 8:00 a.m. and arrived in Bo at 4:00 p.m.(Our assistants are pulling the cable with the other riders)
Elders Gunderson and Hickey helping us drive off the ferry... The two boards that we rolled onto looked like maybe 3 x 12...it seemed pretty small looking down at them.  We took this video as we came back from Monrovia.
As we waited our turn to take the ferry, we watched this car and passengers cross and dock.  It is a better view of what it looks like.


2 comments:

lovshinmom said...

I am so grateful for the transportation I use all the time.

Unknown said...

I want to thank you for your pictures of the people and missionaries in this mission. I especially like seeing my son, Elder Hickey. I love seeing this beautiful people and country.