Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Mattresses and yummy cake,

President wating for the assistants to bring the next load of mattresses.  We are replacing more than half the mattresses in Freetown Zone and also some in the Bo Zone for Christmas.

Unloading the truck...

The Elders will have some better sleep, better health and better inspiration with some new, firm mattresses.  Makes me think of the Princess and the Pea...that was 20 mattresses and 20 featherbeds if I remember the story correctly!
Today was my 60th birthday!  For my birthday, my husband asked the missionaries to take a moment and text me.  All 60 missionaries sent me a happy birthday text with a picture of a cake.  It was about 6:30 a.m. when the texts started rolling in....it is very difficult to put on make-up when the tears keep coming...   It was very thoughtful and I loved it.  Sister Patterson made a delicious angel food cake with whip cream and strawberries. The assistants made me no-bake peanut butter, chocolate, oatmeal cookies.  I also was blessed to talk with my 94 year old mother.  (Obvious point; but I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her!)  And enjoyed the messages and phone calls from all of our children and singing email card from my brother.  I am so grateful for all the wonderful people in my life.  I am so grateful for the joy the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings. I couldn't be happier!  And, tonight, I will drift away in sleep, counting my many blessings on our own comfortable mattress.





3 comments:

lovshinmom said...

As soon as I saw the stack of mattresses I thought "where's the princess" Then I saw your comment. Funny:)

Momma Twitch said...

Happy Birthday momma!! I'm glad you could have such a wonderful day. :)

Joyous7 said...

I love my mommy too! Youre a great example to me. I really do want to be like you some day.